Ever find that you’re in the gym and it’s just really intimidating? We’ve been there. Am I doing this right? Am I supposed to be shoulder-width apart? That person over there is doing it differently… Well put those thoughts aside, because Training Day Cafe is here to help you! Try your triceps with our how to!
V - Bar Pulldown
V - bar pulldowns are strength workouts focusing on your biceps, middle, back and shoulders. This is an intermediate level workout using the cable.
- Sit down on a pull-down machine with a V-bar attached to the top pulley.
- Grab the V-bar with your palms facing each other. Stick your chest out and lean yourself back slightly in order to better engage the lats.
- Using your lats, pull the bar down as you squeeze your shoulder blades. Continue until your chest nearly touches the V-bar. Hold for two seconds.
- Slowly bring the bar back to the starting position as you breathe in.
- Repeat the movement for 10 - 12 reps.
Looking for some more help? Check out our recommended personal trainers!